UPDATED 14 SEPTEMBER, 2020
We're currently working hard to finalise arrangements for our September 2020 Rare Plant Fairs, and plan to go ahead with all three of them. Naturally, in the light of the current Coronavirus pandemic, we're making some changes to the arrangements for the events to ensure the safety of the public, our nurseries and the staff at the venues, as follows:
- Admission to all events will be by ADVANCED BOOKING only - it will not be possible to pay on the gate on the day. This will also apply, where relevant, to season ticket holders for any of the venues - you won't be charged an entry fee but you must still book ahead. The tickets will have timed, allocated slots throughout the day, in order to spread the number of visitors across the day, but once you have arrived at the Fair you are welcome to stay as long as you like up to the closing time of the event. If you are delayed and arrive late for your time slot, don't worry - we'll still let you in! Links to the ticketing websites are on the individual event pages, and please be aware that a booking fee may be payable in addition to the normal admission fee.
- We will be changing the layout at the Fairs to allow for plenty of space around and between the stalls to allow for effective social distancing. Please keep 2m away from others during your visit.
- There will be changes to catering arrangements on the event days from what was originally advertised; details will be on the individual event pages on this website.
- Some of our nurseries can offer the option of contactless card payments, so please make use of this where you can. However, card machines can be at the mercy of temperamental mobile phone signals in rural locations, and also not all stallholders have card facilities, so please bring plenty of cash with you as well (and even a good, old-fashioned cheque book, if you have one!)
- If you can, please bring your own bags, and pack your purchases yourself if possible. but if you can't, don't worry; our stallholders will still be happy to provide bags and help you with your packing.
- We will have hand sanitizer available at the gate and at the toilets at the events, but we would suggest that you bring your own supply as well to use during your visit.
- Please don't enter the fair if you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- Government guidance may change in the period leading up to the Fairs: should any of these significantly affect the arrangements for the Fairs we'll publicise them on our website on this page, and we will inform everyone who has booked a ticket via e-mail. so you can book your ticket with confidence.
Further details, including links to the ticketing websites, will be available on each of event pages on this website.